Thursday, July 26, 2012

Super Star Student, A Linky & Awards





 Okay, so it must be said that I L.O.V.E Target ~ especially SuperTarget.  I actually went to two ~ yes two ~ on vacation.  Then, I went to another one today when I visited my bestest friend in the world in Alabama.  I think I may have a problem...  Is there a group for that?

  Anyhoo ~ I did come across a great find:
They're chair covers!!! I kid you not ~ just after I did the post about making my own. You can see those here.  They were in the Dollar Spot, among all the other cuteness I found ( I really think I could spend at least half my paycheck in the Dollar Spot sometimes).  Anyway, I have been looking for a way to recognize Super Star Students in my classroom, and haven't come up with anything. I think these will help. Just slip them over their chairs & POOF!  :)

So, tell me, please...how do you recognize these things in your room?? Other than chair covers, I need some ideas people! :)

A Linky?  Yes, please!
  Kelly at Teacher Idea Factory is doing a linky for Rockin' Resources...or the things, as a teacher, you just can't live without.  

So, here goes...

1)  A personal laminator... 
The VERY best $35 I've ever spent. Our laminator at school is junk not working very well, so I depend on this all the time! 



 2)  Ticonderoga pencils...
When it says they're "The World's Best Pencil", they're not kidding.  For 10 years, I searched high and low for pencils that wouldn't eat my sharpener up, and these work perfectly...every time!!  I have asked that parents only buy these, but I doubt that'll happen, so Office  Max was running them "BOGO". yay!


 3)  Tubs...
All shapes & sizes... I love them. I have so many that some are just sitting there unused, but I can't seem to help myself... Love love love.
Okay, so the next two are things I WANT ~ desperately ~ not have.
4) MEGAtimer
It's 24" x 16.5 inches big, and can be seen all the way to the back of the classroom. I think it can even be magneted to the board!   I really think I need this...funny how wants quickly turn to needs.



 5)  Center Talkers
They talk...no, really, they talk!! You can record  center instructions on them & the kids just press a button and listen to them when they get to centers.  The little ones record up to 10 seconds and the block ones up to 30. WOW!!!  There's also a lock so kids can't rerecord the message, or delete it.  Kinda pricey, but they make me happy. They're called Talk Blocks and can be found at the link.

Now on to the awards...
I'm truly humbled by these awards, and want to make sure I say thank you to Cindy at Kindergarten Love and Miss Cosby at You Might Be a First Grader for the honor.  

  The rules:
1.  Link back to the person who gave it to you.(check!)
2.  Post the award to your blog.
3.  Give the award to at least 5 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
Two Tacky Teachers
Kelly Teach
Heads Carolina, Tails Alabama
Hop'n Dots Teaching Blog
Mrs. Brown's Blog
4.  Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.



Now for the rules...
1. Follow the person who gave me the award. 
2. Link back to the person that gave me the award. 
3. Pass to 15 new bloggers and then let them know they have received the award.   
This was SO hard !!! There are so many blogs out there & so many with awards, so I have tried my best to find those of you that haven't been awarded this yet. If I accidentally gave it to you twice, think just how awesome you are ! !:)  
12. i teach 1:1 

So sorry for the long post..but had a lot to say !!  Thanks for stopping by!

Happily,  

 Photobucket







5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award Kelly! Where do you get your book bins? I'm looking for some that are reasonable yet good quality. Any recommendations???
    Liz
    Teaching in Valley

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG . . . your timer rocks my socks. It puts my "XL" timer to shame! And, I love my laminator too. I need to go get more plastic sheets sooner rather than later. I burn through those like crazy and I am currently out . . . sniffle . . . sniffle. Thanks so much for linking up with me! Great list :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly you are so sweet! Thank you so much for thinking of me for the award:) And congrats on your awards.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award! I am your newest follower. I love your Rockin' Resource list. I agree with you on the tubs. They are wonderful and can be used for so many purposes! Oh and the Center Talkers sound like one of the best inventions!
    Kelly

    Kelly Teach

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts. They are so fun to read. I have those center talk buttons. I got them last year with my adopt a classroom money, but I haven't used them yet. I need a few ideas on how to use them this year. Any thoughts?
    Cindy
    KindergartenLove.

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)