Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Made It !

I just posted yesterday, but I thought I'd try to link up with 4th Grade Frolics and Monday Made It. So, I thought I'd share my new "sign" I made for my classroom rules.  I have gotten so bored with my poster, and other ways I've tried posting them, so I gave this a try.  

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought two sets of paper party plates (thanks 40% coupon!)
I then typed up my rules and inserted them into circles with text boxes on Word, printed & laminated. I hot glued the plates together, then the rules on top, strung with ribbon on the back, and there you have it. Easy and, I think, pretty cute! :)
Full size view. Unlike a lot of you out there, I can't get into my school right now so a bedroom door will have to do ! :)

My classroom has a frog theme, so the rules are written around that. We call them our F.R.O.G.S. Rules (which doesn't sound grammatically correct, but I'm gonna go with it!).  When I hang it in my classroom, I want to add more ribbon to the top and a cutesy bow.  So, there you have it ...Happy Monday Made - It ! :)

Happily,
Kelly :)

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea for using paper plates! Your project turned out super cute and functional! Thanks for sharing.

    youcanmakethesunshineanytime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out super cute! Very creative and loving how the green plates go with your frog theme:) Thanks for sharing and for linking up:) Hope you can come back next week:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I think I will be doing something similar! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love green and frogs.

    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute project!! That will be perfect with your frog theme. :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poster/wall poster looks wonderful. The colors really compliment each other. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I am doing a polka-dot theme for my new classroom (in Alabama - glad to see another Southern Girl!) and these would be PERFECT!! Do you do any activities with setting up your rules?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, that is a great sign! We are the Firebirds at our school and I just might have to try that with our rules! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog and your cute ideas. Your frog theme is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)