Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Major Award

You can't imagine my surprise today when, in taking a break from beach packing, I opened up my email and found that I had received an award from a fellow blogger! I immediately thought to "A Christmas Story" and the dad's glowing appreciation of his fra-gee-lay award.  A BIG thank you to Crystal at Ms. Jones' Junction for the honor!!


Anyway,here are the requirements for accepting this award:

1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you.  Done, Thanks Crystal !
2.  Include a link to their site... Check !
3.  Include the award image on your blog...Done!
4.  Include 7 random facts about yourself. Oh wow, this part will be harder...ummmm
  • I am originally from Tennessee ( GO VOLS!), grew up in Alabama, and now live in Georgia. I'm a southern mutt, but I love it. I went to 4 elementary schools, 2 middle, and 1 high school and while it was awful at the time (do we have to move again??), I wouldn't trade it for the world!
  • I have an irrational fear of opossums and alpacas.  I wish I could explain it, but the sheer thought of either of those things run chills up my spine. To be honest, I'm pretty much a scaredy-cat in all arenas and don't sleep for a couple days after a scary movie. 
  • I am a shoe hoarder.  The first step is admitting you have a problem right?  I seriously own almost 100 pair of shoes, and as much as I know it's completely ridiculous, I can't help myself.  My boyfriend threatens to call Dr. Phil every time I come home with a new pair.
  • As for my fella...MB...we've been together for four years, and live 100 miles apart.  It's hard work, but worth it.  Oh, and I hate the word "boyfriend"... I'm 35 and it just sounds goofy to me. But, I guess it's better than Man Friend..???  haha
  • I'm a complete klutz. No..I really am. Despite my love of shoes, they usually do me more harm than good, and I'm not all that great bare-footed either.  My nickname is "Gracie" (for my obvious lack thereof) and I fall...a lot ! 
  • My second favorite place...well it probably ties with the beach... is a big ole' cotton field ! I really have a complete fascination with cotton.  MB lives WAY out in the country, while I live smack dab in suburbia, so I get my kicks driving out and walking through the vast cotton fields that cover Alabama and Georgia.  Just beautiful I think.  
  •  I love to laugh and every night, I read my "nightly funnies".  I go to Pinterest, click on humor, and spend about 10-15 minutes laughing at the someecards and things people post.  I have an appreciation for sarcasm, so it just cracks me up.  Since I'm definitely NOT a morning person, I end my day with a smile and a laugh and hope it carries over to the next morning :)
5.  Nominate 15 other blogs for this award (I tried to nominate newbies like me!)
6.  When nominating, be sure to include a link to their site...
7.  Let bloggers know they have been nominated.   I am leaving a comment on  the most recent post on each of the 15 blogs!!

  1. Be Sew Crafty -  She is so crafty and I love it ! :)
  2. You Can Make the Sunshine Anytime - Such a sweet blogger, and she has great ideas!
  3. Thoughts from Adulthood - A fellow beach bum, she posts some really good stuff.
  4. Mrs. Hoffer's Spot - She makes me laugh & I love her posts :)
  5. Creekside Teacher Tales - She's a new blogger & has the cutest animal print stuff. Check her out !
  6. First Graders from Outer Space - I just love her blog & her creativity ! She's a new blogger, so please go show her some love.
  7. Being Mrs. Gentry - Not a teaching blog, but if you love to decorating and crafts, this is your place. She has beautiful things!
  8. At Home in First - Great blog with great pictures! I just love her grey & yellow theme.
  9. 2nd Grade Glance - Such a cute blog, and she has some great TPT resources to share !
  10. 1st Grade Hip Hip Hooray - Such a fun blog with some really good Common Core materials :)
  11. Burst Of First -Such a cute and resourceful blog !
  12. Stay Calm and Teach On - A new blogger with SUPER cute idea.  Love it !
  13. My Tales of a Fourth Grade Teacher - Another new blogger that I can't wait to follow.  She has a shared love for Pinterest, so of course, I love it :)
  14. "I Peed a Little" & Other Adventures in 1st Grade - Her blog makes me literally LOL.  She is too funny & shares all the fun and hilarious adventures of teaching little ones.
  15. A First Grade Fairy Tale - With a name so similar, I had to check her out. Very cute!
Well, now I'm off to share with other bloggers and bask in the glory of winning a "major award"....and I better be quick, we're leaving in 2 hours! (Yes, we are hitting the road at 2 a.m. so we can have the whole day tomorrow..crazy, yes...but oh so worth it !)  Have a wonderful weekend ! :)

Happily,
Kelly :)

    5 comments:

    1. Thanks! :) I go on Pinterest for funnies too. Most of the time, I slide a bunch to my desktop just for my husband to look at when he gets home. Usually the ones for him have something to do with bacon...ha!

      ★ First-Graders from Outer Space ★

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congrats on winning your award!!

      Just found your blog :)

      Susan
      T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you Kelly! That was so sweet of you to think of me!!! Congrats!

      youcanmakethesunshineanytime.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    4. Congrats on your award!! Saw your blog somewhere else and thought I would stop by :) I am your newest follower!

      Susan
      T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you, Kelly for the award! :) (Sorry I am a bit behind- a lot going on!) So kind of you to think of my little blog. :)

      ReplyDelete

    I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)