Friday, July 13, 2012

Love & The Beach

So, I saw this pillow on Pinterest, and it just about sums me up.  I love faith....puppies...the football... chocolate.... crafting.... cotton... and the beach! Not necessarily in that order, but I am leaving for the beach in about 24 hours, and I absolutely cannot wait. It's something I look forward to every summer ~ the last peaceful time before school starts.  Don't get me wrong, I love my  job, but sometimes I wish someone could come teach for me the first few weeks (and the last few), and it would be perfect :) Anyway, my point is that really really loving something (anything!) gets you through the worst times, the grumpiest moods, and the most frustrating days. 

I have been spending the last few days making more stuff for my classroom & I can't wait to share them with you.  I also can't wait to get into my classroom to actually put it all together and see that it (hopefully) comes together like I want it to.  I go back to work July 31st and the kids come back on August 6th so summer is most definitely coming to a close, & I've been working to get it all together.

Anyway, just a little bit more about me.  So, what is it that you love?


  1. I absolutely love going to Yellowstone Park. It is only two hours from my home. I love the animals, the plants, the hikes, even the smelly pots. You can go for a week or a day.

    Enjoy your vacation, I have only been to the beach a few times but I loved it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.


  2. Hi Kelly,
    I love to decorate, sew, just recently blogging and making teacher created materials. I am stuck at home recovering from surgery, can't do anything too strenuous!! Enjoy your vacation!!

    I just awarded you the Versatile Blog Award. I am giving it to newbie bloggers like me. Head on over to my blog to get your award!
    Ms Jones Junction

  3. I am a beach girl. Nothing says relaxation like the sound of waves. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather's Heart

  4. Hi Kelly,
    I am so glad you found my blog! After reading your About Me, I feel like you are a long lost friend! So many of the same interest. I am absolutely ADDICTED to Pinterest (almost to the point where I need intervention), I L-O-V-E the BEACH. I grew up in Hawaii and I miss the smell of the ocean and sand and all the tropical flowers (California beaches just don't cut it.. way TOO cold). Love teaching, my family, decorating, designing and my friends.
    Hope you have a great remainder of your summer time. Sorry you have to go back so soon. We do not go back until the 4th of September. Not too many schools on the traditional schedule anymore. We are one of the few!

    Take care and many blessings,

  5. Yuck, I'm sorry you have to go back so soon! Teachers go back Aug. 20th and kids 27th, so I still have some time with my sweet baby boy! *tear* Summer is too short. I just got back from the beach, too, and I miss it already! The sounds and smells are just so relaxing, and I will never get tired of looking at the ocean. I need to move. LOL. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower. :)

    -Mrs. C.
    Teach On.


I L.O.V.E reading your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a little note :)